Sunday, December 6, 2009

Trees - Part Two


(Click image for larger view)

Handball Tree
Missouri
2007
© Larry Torno

I found this tree not far from the first photo I posted last week but on a different day.

I'm a graphic designer by trade and often create photos, as a result of my career, that appear layered. The flatness of the black, tree skeleton sits atop the horizontal chain link fence and balances between the two white handball courts. It seemed natural to me that you could peel apart this landscape and move things around if you wanted.

The crisp angles of the shadows on the white walls follow the angle of the branches on one side of the tree and lay in the reverse direction of the branches on the other side of the tree. This was a very balanced image to shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment