Sunday, July 4, 2010

Trees - Part Three

(click on photo to enlarge)

Broken Heart
2010
© Larry Torno

This tree at Creve Coeur Lake was the focus of my attention on a cold, rainy morning in May. I was tired of waiting for a bright, sunny day to take photos, so I set out to see what I could find during a dreary spell of gloomy weather.
     The literal translation of Creve Coeur is "broken heart" and it seemed appropriate to find a stand of lonely looking trees at the water's edge. Isolating this one against a background of incoming storm clouds, captured the eerie calm that I felt was present. Although it was only 9:30 a.m., the feeling you get from this image is that it's much later in the evening.
     As is usual with my photography adventures, the shot that I like the best is one of the last images that I created. I think I'm getting better at knowing when to quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment