Sunday, July 11, 2010

Simply Irresistible

(click on photo to enlarge)


Two Trucks, Fish and Wildlife
2010
© Larry Torno


A gallery owner once commented that he liked my work best when I simplified my compositions to 2-3 main elements; part of my observe, select and eliminate the rest, philosophy.
     Something struck me as simplistically wonderful about this scene. The repetition of shapes, the contrast of light and dark, the textured surfaces, and the depth of the evening sky drew me to this parking lot that borders the Big Muddy Fish and Wildlife Refuge.
     I didn't set out to create a photo of two trailers but when inspiration calls, it's a good idea to answer.
     For feedback, I usually forward samples of my favorite images to a fine art photographer friend of mine in California for his thoughts. "Ahhh, the power of simplicity!" was his response and I couldn't agree with him more. I have always responded to the simple things in life and relish the beauty of shape and form in my photos.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like the set of 'Mythbusters'. I can't wait to see what happens when those doors open.

    ReplyDelete