Sunday, December 26, 2010

Untitled Series - Part Six


Winter Wait
2010
© Larry Torno

I really, really like my new camera. I like that it gets me closer to realizing the visions that I have when I see a potential photograph. 
     Here in the Midwest, when a winter storm approaches, all the local weather forecasters start spreading panic and making their gloom and doom predictions, often a week in advance. The result is that we have plenty of time to stress out over the pending up-to-the-minute snowfall warnings and just enough time to run to the grocery store to buy milk, eggs and bread. 
     On this particular day, T minus 42 hours, I passed an empty park bench and considered this a more peaceful way to await the incoming weather. It seems like the ideal spot to catch a panoramic view of a white Christmas as it comes true.  

No comments:

Post a Comment