Sunday, March 7, 2010

Midwest Cliché - Part Six


Crystal Cross
© 2010
Larry Torno

Another image from the Midwest Cliché series brings together several personal interests. First, I continue to explore the notion of stereotypical assumptions about the Midwest, then combine that with my interest in real and imagined visions of the Sign of the Cross (first presented on April 26, 2009).
     I wasn't looking for a cross when I came upon this decaying shed but was pleased to discover the subtle shape defined by the horizontal and vertical supports of the door frame. Real or imagined, it's part of the accidental observations that I like to make.
     In case you're wondering what this has to do with the Midwest; the area is considered a safe place to live, where it's not necessary to always lock your door.

1 comment:

  1. Very awesome! Did not see the cross at first look...but it snuck on in there! Is photography your only medium? Great pics by the way... some of them make me sway back and forth just a little, kind of like music is being played somewhere!

    ReplyDelete